Saturday 30 January 2016

Highlights and lowlights this week

The ups


  • Atkins coming home from a work trip with delicious coffee, and the purchase of a coffee plunger.
  • Having my first shower (we bucket bath) since arriving here at my friend Sue's house. It was even hot! Thank you Sue. See below for the reason for this.
  • Very few power cuts this week.
  • Mr Bili, my friend, demonstrating some of his dance moves, which will be on show at the wedding. I promise to video because they are something else!
  • Discovering delicious and affordable gelato at the mall.
  • Rain! Zambia is in a drought, but this week we have had lots of rain, so everyone is relieved.


The lows

Only one really. Our water supply was off for three days. We still don't know why. By day three we had used up our stored supplies, so in desperation I begged a shower from Sue. Clouds have silver linings, because it was a divine shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment