Saturday 23 January 2016

Dear Reader


Please forgive me for some delay in updating. I have had a hectic few days having a special kind of fun involving spending long periods of time in Police stations, banks and government offices, and driving all over the city. We are nearly done now.

On the plus side, I now know Lusaka geography well. I have made some unexpected new friends (there are some Police officers who now want to come to my wedding) and some people have been very kind and helpful, including Regan (“after the American president”) who saves me a park outside the Immigration office in exchange for some money for washing my car each time I park. It’s very clean now. Life in places like this seems to bring out the very good and the very bad in people, sometimes the same person.


Thank goodness I have a sofa in the shade to come home to. (The getting home of which was another adventure – see photo!) Not to mention a really rather lovely fiancĂ©. 


















1 comment: