Wednesday 3 February 2016

What I miss

My friends and family, of course. Other than that, homesickness has been a stranger so far on this trip. There are some things I occasionally yearn for:
  • -          Lindt chocolate
  • -          24 hour electricity
  • -          Bee stings and Bath buns from Hillmorton bakery
  • -          Wireless internet at home
  • -          Cheese
  • -          Butter
  • -          The beach and the beautiful parks of Christchurch
  • -          Really nice bread (Vogel’s sunflower and barley, or soft, fluffy fresh-baked white bread from the New World bakery section)
  • -          My washing machine

And that’s really about it.


Postscript: on re-reading that, it’s hilarious how many of the things on my list are food. We are simple creatures us humans!

No comments:

Post a Comment